To increase your site ranking or visitors, you have two options.
- Pay someone else to do that
- Consume Time
1) Submit Your Site to Directories Directory submission is still means a lot in any link building campaign. Submit your website to quality directories. Here is a detailed article about Directory Submission Tips
2) Request Reciprocal Links Reciprocal linking is a good way to promote your site and its free ;). Make a page on your website or blog offering link exchange service. Remember these key points when doing Link Exchange.
• Always link exchange with sites that are related to your site market.
• Consider the amount of links on the page where your link will be placed
• Number of clicks from homepage to access the page where your link is.
• Use different Titles for link exchange
• Use your internal pages too for link exchange.
• See the site basic data in Google - Index page and Inlinks
Here is a more detailed article on How to get Link Partners: Link Exchange.
3) Write Articles For Others to Use In Their Newsletters
This is a good way to increase visibility of your site. Send your article to different sites and ask them to use it in your news letter and in return ask to remain your link in content.
4) Write Blog
This is the best way to increase your site ranking and visibility. Make a blog and cover all the news related to your industry. You don’t need to always create new content for it. You can use any news related to your market in your blog from other sources and give a link of actuals source in end(with some useless phrase). You have to just blog regularly which ends up in a great link-pot for your main site.
5) Press Releases Whenever you write an article or introduce a new service, announce it via free press release service.
6) Offer Something Free
This is the best thing to increase your site backlinks and visitors at a same time. Offer some free tool, tutorial or service related to your industry. Make a buzz of it through Press Release and social media sites.
7) Forum Participation
Participate in Forums and put your site url in your signature. Don’t spam forums.
8) Submit Your Article In Article Directories Submit your articles in article directories like Ezinearticle. Put 2 to 3 links to your site anchored on your major keywords. Here is the detailed article about keyword suggestion and Analyze.
9) Social Network Sites Participate in social media sites, like Digg, Delecious, Yahoo Answers
10) Submit Your RSS Feed in RSS Directories
11) Use Signature In Email
Always include your website url in signature when sending an email.
Any other free way you know??? Tell us.