What is Google Bowling?
The term Google Bowling was coined by Terry which was elaborated by Greywolf in April of 2005.
Google bowling is a way to sabotage a website by unfair means.
According to Google’s Webmaster Guidelines, Google engineers, and Google’s March 2005 patent application, what is done off site can negatively effect a site’s ranking in Google’s search engine results. Including:
- Using Cookie Cutter sites
- Keyword Stuffing
- Automated Querying of Google
- Purchasing Site Wide Links
- Many links having the same exact anchor text
- Links from “Bad Neighborhoods”
- Doorway pages
That means, if you start using tactics like cloaked doorway pages or buying links, you may get penalized, sandboxed or even banned in Google.
So conclusively these are the ways by which you can make a negative impression of your competitor in Google's mind.
- Links from bad neighborhoods
- Link on spam sites
- Obvious Computer generated content and use your competitor link under those text use simple url as well as anchored text.
- Same Anchor Text
- keyword stuffing
- Create free pages and put Java Scripts or sneaky Redirects on them to your competitors site.
- Mass Automated Querying of their URL in Google.
According to Google’s officials,
One can ruin a site’s ranking which may lead to banning of that site too.
So why don't give it a try.
Note: This article is only for educational purpose.